20 October, 2014

#MicroblogMondays: Birthdays

On my birthday eleven years ago today, I learned I would never have children.  Since then, though, my birthdays have included: 
  • A weekend in New Zealand's Hawke’s Bay wine region with my sister and her husband
  • Dinner at most of my favourite restaurants in Wellington, often planning our next trip
  • A weekend away in Brisbane
  • A landmark celebration in South Africa
  • A dinner last year in London with family who were also there from Qatar, marking the end of our five months Lemons to Limoncello trip

This year it will be quiet, due to our impecunious state, but we’ll raid the wine cellar (okay, the cupboard off my office) for a good bottle of something, and my husband will cook a nice meal, and I might make a wicked dessert.

And the memory of 2003? That’s all it is now – a memory.

16 comments:

  1. Happiest of Birthdays, Mali! I hope you have an amazing day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhh...this is a beautiful list. And this year's plan sounds excellent, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, the colliding of milestones....
    wishing you a happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great Birthday!! It sounds like after all those adventures, a quiet celebration is a nice change of pace :) Here's to years worth of the much happier memories you've accumulated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday Mali!!! May this one be so very sweet. And may the one from 2003 become a distant memory.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday, dear Mali! Hope you're having a great day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happiest of birthday wishes, sometimes the quieter celebrations are the most dear to our heart.
    Make that wicked dessert, drink that wonderful bottle of wine and celebrate all you are and all you are yet to become <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hau'oli la Hanau, Mali. I hope you have a wonderful birthday and a very happy year. <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday, Mali! The wicked dessert sounds ... wicked. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy, happy birthday, Mali. May it be a wonderful year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday! Many wishes for a great year ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy, happy birthday! Wishing you a year full of the best gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday! May you have a beautiful year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy belated Birthday! It's actually my birthday as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. dear Mali,
    happy belated birthday!
    I didn't forget it, Pamela reminded me of it. But I just didn't write you then, I was to busy enjoying my holidays in California & Nevada :)
    lots of love,

    ReplyDelete