27 December, 2016

A grateful Microblog Monday

As I noted on A Separate Life, yesterday I completely forgot about Microblog Monday, and so I sit here at my computer feeling a degree of urgency, and yet with a blank screen in front of me, and a blank mind behind my glasses!

Yet it occurs to me that there are things to be grateful for, and that’s very true.

  • I’m grateful that our Christmas Day passed peacefully, doing the right thing for my in-laws
  • I’m grateful that I didn’t have to cook, and so I wasn’t stressed or harried
  • I’m grateful that the weather was fine, and that we could see people at the beach, swimming and paddle-boarding, enjoying their Christmas Day in Wellington; it made me smile
  • I’m grateful that at the lunch, I met an inspiring woman of 93 who is still active in the community (she’s always been a local figure), spending her day helping people and visiting friends, with a unique ability to find something special in each person she met
  • I’m grateful that – even though this Christmas Day I was the youngest there (!! I know !!)  - I no longer feel trepidation about gatherings with lots of children, although the doting parents, depending on whether their demeanour is smug or harried, are sometimes another issue.
  • I’m grateful that a New Year is just around the corner, and we don’t know what that will hold, but for sure there will be some good things and some bad, but that’s okay, that’s just life.


7 comments:

  1. It's still Monday here! :)

    I'm glad that your Christmas holiday has left you feeling grateful for so much! I am grateful for you and all of my other blogging friends who help make this tough time of year not quite so hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad your Christmas was nice.
    I love your thought: "there will be some good things and some bad, but that’s okay, that’s just life". Exactly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. May we all hope to be active and inspiring at 93! Glad you had a nice holiday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this sentiment: "I’m grateful that a New Year is just around the corner, and we don’t know what that will hold, but for sure there will be some good things and some bad, but that’s okay, that’s just life." I hope for more good than bad, but you're right, that's life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post and made me want to think what I was grateful this past christmas and in the end is always the same since I moved away, I'm grateful that it was quiet. I hope 2017 is a relatively quiet year but if not, that's just life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you had a good Christmas, and that you found so many beautiful things to be grateful for. I hope life for you is more sweet than bitter in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm grateful for your continued presence on my blogreader. :) Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete