13 March, 2018

Monday Miscellaneous: What I'm doing

  1. Hoping that everyone in the UK found the Day that Shall Not be Named passed peacefully, and that you're ready to get back to normal without all the hype.
  2. Ending my nine days away (read about a section of it on A Separate Life here), and grateful for the time away, but slightly annoyed that it wasn't at a time (and therefore place) of my choosing.
  3. Realising this is my life now (see above).
  4. Happy that my country is really beautiful, has great food, and is easy to travel around, and that I can do so out of high season/school holidays.
  5. Ready to work on a particular project, and really move it along.
  6. Frustrated that I am struggling to find a way to earn money in these last years before retirement.
  7. Determined to try to let things go more, so thinking about getting back into meditation and yoga.
  8. Committing to find exercise that will carry me through the winter that will inevitably arrive ... just not yet, please.

8 comments:

  1. This posts hints at many interesting things. All the best with your goals and projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! Looking forward to hearing more of what you’re up to

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a good mini-vacay! I vowed to find a yoga class this winter -- and haven't. :p And I really think I could have used it. Here's hoping you're more successful at sticking to your resolutions than I am! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it at home! Yoga with Adrienne on youtube is a great way to start, and might encourage you to get to a class. I also liked the app Mel recommends - Yoga Studio.

      Delete
    2. Thank you for these suggestions. I'm with Loribeth. I had also planned to start practicing yoga, and have yet to start.

      Delete
  4. Your trip pictures looked gorgeous! I want to travel to NZ someday just so I can see it with my own eyes! Maybe you can take me on a road trip. :)

    I'm sorry you've been put into a position of caring for others who didn't plan for their elderly years. You are doing it with so much more grace than I could manage.

    There is a (free) app that I use called 7-Minute Workout by Johnson & Johnson. It's a decent workout, free, and semi-customizable. It's on iOS, not sure about Android.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to take you on a road trip! It's a date. ;-)
      I'm trying to do it with grace in person - but do complain about it here.
      I'll look up that app, thanks. I have both Android and iOS devices.

      Delete
  5. Welcome back! I'm sorry for the things that are bothering you, but excited for your new projects and goals. I do yoga from DVDs, I feel like a class would remind me too much of fertility yoga, so my own home is where it's at. It is so nice for feeling centered and doing something good for my body. I wish you luck with meditation, I am not so great at quieting my mind so if you find a good tool, let me know! :)

    ReplyDelete