And so, here's just a short list of a few things from the last few days that I wouldn't be able to do if I had children:
- A peaceful Sunday brunch with my husband at my favourite (not child friendly) restaurant, planning our next trip, talking about work issues and mid-life crises
- Sleeping in LATE on a Saturday morning, then staying in bed with a good book. Because why bother getting up if we don't need to?
- Having a house and garden that doesn't have to be child-proofed
- Drowning my sorrows after work with a good chardonnay and tub of ice-cream after a harrowing all-day meeting last week
- Devoting time to a great book and finishing it in one day