08 October, 2018

Find your No Kidding tribe

I'm really happy today to do some promotion on behalf of the wonderful Jody Day, of Gateway Women. She is coming to New Zealand, and even though she is coming for a holiday, she couldn't come all this way and NOT lead a workshop! She still has places left on her Auckland Reignite Weekend on 18/19 November; you can find more details and sign up here.

I can't imagine a better way to spend a weekend than linking with other women who share our journey, and who are also struggling to come to terms with their life without children.

But if you can't do that for whatever reason, you don't need to be or feel alone. I have, as you probably know, done a huge part of my healing after infertility and loss, and my subsequent experience of acceptance, online - here on this blog, and elsewhere - with some amazing women who are now lifelong friends.

Even now, almost 15 years later, I am still astounded every day by how reassuring, empowering and encouraging it can be when you find people who understand, especially women who won't judge, or criticise, or condescend.

Whether those people are in the the same street or suburb, or across the world, I know I am not alone, and I hope you know that too.








5 comments:

  1. Love this. And so jealous! I would love to go to a Jody Day workshop. Having a tribe is so important. Sometimes I am reminded that not everyone gets it, and it is such a gift to have people who do in your corner. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I probably won't get to go. It's an hour flight from here, but hoping to meet her closer to home!

      Delete
  2. Dear Mali, I agree that being part of our No Kidding community is extraordinarily empowering :)
    Thank you for your blog, I love reading your insights. I rediscovered recently your Gifts of Infertility Series and I agreed on every point of your list. xo, Léa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am still kicking myself that I missed Jody when she was here in Toronto last year, en route to the NotMom summit in Cleveland. Hope you two have the chance to meet up!

    ReplyDelete