09 April, 2024

No Kidding Guests

We have guests coming for dinner tonight. So I've no time to blog (and clearly didn't plan in advance enough) because I'll be baking a cake (my first real cake* in a year or more), and scurryfunging (my new favourite word - see note** below). It's good having visitors - for once the house will be clean and tidy. And that lasts after they're gone too. So will the cake!

Our guests don't have kids either. So there will be no talk of kids and/or grand-kids. Rather, we'll be talking about adventures, past and future. Giving and receiving tips. Living the lives we have.


I.e. Not a cheesecake, lemon slice, mince pie, or baclava, none of which qualify as cakes if you ask me. 

**Scurryfunging = the frenetic cleaning before visitors arrive

4 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoyed your dinner! Maybe I should pretend I have people coming over so I will scurryfunge lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds so lovely! The company, the cake, and the word "scurryfunging." It's awesome when you can hang out with people who have similar experiences, or rather who experience life similarly. I hope it was as lovely as it sounded in preview!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope it went well and you enjoyed the company of your no kidding guests! I scurryfunge as well. I sometimes wish I could be more relaxed, but as you say, it is nice to have a clean house afterwards, too ;-).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well that's a great word to add to my vocabulary.

    How I'd love to overhear you and your company talking about adventures past and future! Especially over real cake.

    ReplyDelete