07 December, 2015

MicroblogMondays: Appreciating nature

When I was going through hard times, appreciating nature helped lift my spirits. Now I'm in one of New Zealand's most beautiful regions, surrounded by nature's beauty. We're in an apartment on the side of an extinct (it better be) volcano, with a view of the Pacific, dotted with islands, framed by tree ferns, surrounded by beautiful flowers. My husband and I have escaped here, in search of beauty and relaxation and peace - peace you can't always find at home, even when it is only ever the two of us.

After a couple of days playing with my niece and enjoying the company of her parents, we have fled to this small seaside town. In a few weeks, the town's population will have swelled from 1200 to 12,000, but right now it is relatively quiet. So we plan on a peaceful time taking some walks, taking some photographs, and reading a few books, when we're not exploring further afield. Next week, normal transmission should resume, but for now, I'm chilling out on the deck, appreciating nature and breathing deeply ... with a nice glass of sauvignon blanc.

8 comments:

  1. I like your comment about finding peace in the home. Sometimes I feel like I have to work so much harder to find it. Maybe it’s the frustration of knowing this will only ever be a two person household.

    Your current location sounds peaceful and divine and cleansing. Being surrounded by nature seems to tip things back into some perspective, and New Zealand certainly has a lot of magnificent nature on show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy! (The wine & the nature! ;) ) You deserve a nice break!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds lovely! And I do a similar thing. I use to pester Grey about going to the ocean or taking a hike in the mountains. Right now we're trying to find similar retreats, but just getting into the woods and communing with nature helps the soul so much

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you have a wonderful and healing sojourn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you're getting the down time, especially someplace pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds amazing. I am going to soak it all up vicariously through you. I hope it brings you peace and relaxation that carries you through returning to a less idyllic existence. I am looking forward to seeing pictures!

    ReplyDelete