07 October, 2019

Baby Loss Awareness

Today is Trigeminal Neuralgia Awareness Day. I've written about it on A Separate Life here. In the next week we have Baby Loss Awareness week too, a loss I have experienced directly. Both these experiences have taught me how lucky I am too. In thinking and writing about pregnancy loss, I am grateful for the lessons I have learned, for my growth, and for being able to get where I am now. As you know, I've written a whole series on the gifts that have come from infertility and childlessness.

And in my experience, my No Kidding story began with ectopic pregnancies, just one type of pregnancy loss, just one way of losing our babies. But never having those babies is a loss too, so I have to acknowledge those whose losses are not recognised in the same way.

It's been almost 18 years since my first ectopic pregnancy. I still remember it every day. But 99% of the time I remember without pain. I remember the love I felt for that baby, and the one I lost the following year too. I remember how I felt when I lost these pregnancies, but I don't relive the pain. Time helps. Time heals. Love stays. It gets better. Believe it.




2 comments:

  1. Abiding with you as you remember your loves and losses today. Emphasis on the loves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you and your losses. How lovely to recognize all the losses, not just those that have a day or name to them. Thanks for the reminders that time helps, heals, and love stays and helps it all get better.

    ReplyDelete