26 March, 2018

Two things: 1) a promise, and 2) a bouquet

I promise that I will get around to - soon - reporting back on the series on infertility run by one of our leading TV stations, that I flagged here, but I haven't watched them all yet - life taking precedence, I'm afraid. I did see the very last in the series, and was pleased that they included the voices of people who had responded to the programme.

After last week, I also wanted to give a shout out - a virtual bouquet - to the No Kidding community's supporters who are parents. Whether you came to parenthood through infertility or fertility or circumstance, it really means a lot to us that you read, that you participate in conversations, and that don't treat us like pariahs, or ask us to be silent. I especially appreciate those people who have maintained an openness to other outcomes, other ways of life, and don't judge us for that. Your voices, and your support of our voices, gives us courage in speaking our truth both here in the blogging community, but also with parents in real life. For example, I know that if I have received support or comments here - whether you agree or disagree with me - it makes me more prepared, and more confident, to express my point of view, my experiences, in real life. And I thank you for that.




4 comments:

  1. I’m very much looking forward to hearing your review on this series. That said, completely understanding getting in the way of the best of plans. May calmer times find you soon.

    Finally, I want to answer with “of course” for your last part. Of course because you and so many other part of this aspect of the community have been such a source of support and inspiration. I’m grateful for you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never understood when people got off of infertility island, how they never looked back or called or wrote. I'm here to help people up the ladder, no matter where it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said, Mali! -- I am grateful to those wonderful parents too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! I love this idea of a virtual bouquet. And it is lovely to get understanding and camaraderie from people whose journeys ended differently. I look forward to hearing your thoughts on that TV series, and I'm glad they included the thoughts of people who watched!

    ReplyDelete