So here are some of my little joys so far today:
- Discovering I didn’t have my makeup bag at the gym, and then finding that it had been handed in late last week when I’d left it in the changing room, meaning that I could use it to diminish my ruddy red cheeks, and go to have …
- A good coffee in the Boat Café, gently rocked by the waves, as the sun shone on the yachts in the marina next door, and being thankful for …
- Wellington’s harbour, in all its various moods – this morning it sparkled a cool silver under the winter sun, at times dazzling me as I worked out at the gym.
- Realising my book is so good, I don’t want to stop reading it to write this – and knowing it will be there waiting, when I’m done.
- Being cosy and warm inside my house as the southerly wind howls outside, and hail pounds the skylight above me as I type this.
- The satisfaction of knowing some chores have been completed (and I can go back to my book).
What were your little joys today?